Over 10 months, we are celebrating 10 years in business by highlighting 10 organizations committed to helping women succeed… And asking you to donate (at least) 10 bucks to each of them.
This month, we’re celebrating the work of She Should Run, an organization dedicated to helping women feel supported and comfortable enough to run for office and hold positions as elected officials.
She Should Run was founded in 2011 to provide a place for future female leaders considering running for office to network and gain support. Their mission is “to expand the talent pool of women running for office in the United States by providing community, resources, and growth opportunities for aspiring political leaders.” They believe that women of all backgrounds should have an equal opportunity to act as leaders in elected positions and that our country will benefit from their diversity of experience.
The She Should Run Incubator’s approach helps members focus on why they want to run and the impact they can make in office. They also help guide members through the resources that are available one they decide to run for office. Through She Should Run, over 21,000 women have been inspired to run for office since the 2016 election.
Help us celebrate in the most meaningful way possible—by supporting an organization dedicated to advancing women’s political careers.
- Check out the Ask a Woman to Run tool where you can tell She Should Run about great women you know who should be in office.
- Learn more about the She Should Run Incubator, an online resource to help women envision themselves in public leadership roles.
And even though the warm-and-fuzzies you’ll get from making a donation are of course thanks in and of themselves, we’ve got a couple of things up our sleeves as well:
- Email us proof (to firstname.lastname@example.org) of your donation (of at least $10) to She Should Run and (with your permission) we’ll list your name and a link to your business below.
- Send us proof (to email@example.com) of your donation to any organization we feature and you will be automatically entered to win a super-special surprise (we’ll select a winner at random in December, once we’ve completed all 10 features).
- Anyone and everyone who donates a minimum of $10 to all 10 organizations we feature and sends us proof (to firstname.lastname@example.org) will get an extra-extra special gift from us (in addition to 10 entries for the super-special surprise referenced above).
Take the #10years10orgs10bucks challenge and donate (at least) $10 to She Should Run today!
- Cody McBurnett (that’s me!)
- Your name here?