Over 10 months, we are celebrating 10 years in business by highlighting 10 organizations committed to helping women succeed… And asking you to donate (at least) 10 bucks to each of them.
This month, we’re celebrating the work of Ladies Get Paid, an organization dedicated to helping women advance their careers. Unfortunately, the organization is facing a bull$h!t lawsuit for gender “discrimination” and they need our help to keep up their fantastic work.
Ladies Get Paid‘s mission is to close the earnings gap by providing women with the resources they need to advance their careers and get paid what they deserve. Their educational endeavors exist both online and offline and in 18 months, they’ve cultivated a community of over 20,000 women worldwide.
Ladies Get Paid wanted to create a space that was safe for female and non-binary identifying individuals due to the sensitive nature of the topics they discuss including workplace harassment, and sexism. Unfortunately, despite their amazing progressive work, last year Ladies Get Paid was sued by a group of men who regularly target similar organizations who work to fight for equality. According to Ladies Get Paid, “they exploit the Unruh Civil Rights Act, a law intended to protect the very people they sue, and have brought more than 300 suits like the one against Ladies Get Paid, including one against the Violence Against Women Act.” This group sued Ladies Get Paid’s founder Claire Wasserman, and six of ambassadors who also help organize their events.
Ladies Get Paid is a 2 person start-up with limited funding, much like the organizations that they are trying to help with their work. This is exactly why they need all the help they can get.
Help us celebrate in the most meaningful way possible—by supporting an organization dedicated to advancing women’s professional development.
- Join Ladies Get Paid and get access to a private online network where thousands of women from around the world share advice, resources, and job opportunities.
- Check out the Ladies Get Paid podcast and learn the best ways to invest in yourself and your career.
And even though the warm-and-fuzzies you’ll get from making a donation are of course thanks in and of themselves, we’ve got a couple of things up our sleeves as well:
- Email us proof (to email@example.com) of your donation (of at least $10) to Ladies Get Paid and (with your permission) we’ll list your name and a link to your business below.
- Send us proof (to firstname.lastname@example.org) of your donation to any organization we feature and you will be automatically entered to win a super-special surprise (we’ll select a winner at random in December, once we’ve completed all 10 features).
- Anyone and everyone who donates a minimum of $10 to all 10 organizations we feature and sends us proof (to email@example.com) will get an extra-extra special gift from us (in addition to 10 entries for the super-special surprise referenced above).
- Cody McBurnett (that’s me!)
- Your name here?