Over 10 months, we are celebrating 10 years in business by highlighting 10 organizations committed to helping women succeed… And asking you to donate (at least) 10 bucks to each of them.
This month we’re celebrating the incredible work of #Girlgaze. Founded by Amanda de Cadenet in 2016, #Girlgaze helps break down the barriers in the way of women who are trying to break into the film and photography industry. #Girlgaze aims to support women behind the camera and close the gender gap in the industry by amplifying the voices of women, offering them more opportunities for work and letting them show the world what life is like through their eyes. They provide annual grants to female-identifying photographers through The Girlgaze Foundation. Having amassed over a million Instagram submissions, #Girlgaze is continuing to grow into original video content, IRL events and eCommerce and has collaborated with brand partners such as Gap, TeenVogue, Warby Parker, and more.
Help us celebrate in the most meaningful way possible—by celebrating an organization dedicated to empowering women and facilitating their success.
- Follow @girlgazeproject on Instagram—it’s amazing and inspiring.
- Read Amanda de Cadenet’s book, “It’s Messy: On Boys, Boobs, and Badass Women.” It’s SO good!
And even though the warm-and-fuzzies you’ll get from making a donation are of course thanks in and of themselves, we’ve got a couple of things up our sleeves as well:
- Email us proof (to email@example.com) of your donation (of at least $10) to Girls Who Code and (with your permission) we’ll list your name and a link to your business below.
- Send us proof (to firstname.lastname@example.org) of your donation to any organization we feature and you will be automatically entered to win a super-special surprise (we’ll select a winner at random in December, once we’ve completed all 10 features).
- Anyone and everyone who donates a minimum of $10 to all 10 organizations we feature and sends us proof (to email@example.com) will get an extra-extra special gift from us (in addition to 10 entries for the super-special surprise referenced above).
- Cody McBurnett (that’s me!)
- Your name here?