Over 10 months, we are celebrating 10 years in business by highlighting 10 organizations committed to helping women succeed… And asking you to donate (at least) 10 bucks to each of them.
This month I’m headed to Mexico, so we’re celebrating the work of Pro Mujer, an organization dedicated to investing in Latin American women. Latin America has the highest rates of income inequality in the world. Women in Latin America also experience high levels of gender-based violence, chronic health problems, and discrimination.
Evidence shows that women invest 90% of their income back into their families and communities while men only invest 40%. Inspired by this ripple effect, Pro Mujer dedicates their mission to investing in women and therefore the prosperity of future generations. Their approach focuses on security through access to finance, accessible healthcare, solidarity through community building and leadership through empowerment and business training.
Help us celebrate our milestone in the most meaningful way possible—by supporting an organization dedicated to advancing Latin American women and their communities.
- Read the stories of women’s experiences with Pro Mujer
- Learn more about Pro Mujer’s impact through their financial reports
And even though the warm-and-fuzzies you’ll get from making a donation are of course thanks in and of themselves, we’ve got a couple of things up our sleeves as well:
- Email us proof (to email@example.com) of your donation (of at least $10) to Pro Mujer and (with your permission) we’ll list your name and a link to your business below.
- Send us proof (to firstname.lastname@example.org) of your donation to any organization we feature and you will be automatically entered to win a super-special surprise (we’ll select a winner at random in December, once we’ve completed all 10 features).
- Anyone and everyone who donates a minimum of $10 to all 10 organizations we feature and sends us proof (to email@example.com) will get an extra-extra special gift from us (in addition to 10 entries for the super-special surprise referenced above).
Take the #10years10orgs10bucks challenge and donate (at least) $10 to Pro Mujer today!
- Cody McBurnett (that’s me!)
- Your name here?